After two months of not achieving my initial goal, I decided to set my sights on something that I’m a bit more comfortable with….lying.
This month could cause me some issues, but it’s a short one, so…why not?!?
I am going to set some restrictions on my lying.
- Don’t tell a lie that can cause harm or damage.
- Don’t tell a lie that can cause psychological harm.
- Don’t lie to my colleague or superiors…unless it is completely outrageous that they couldn’t ever fall for it.
- If the person/people lied to calls me out on my BS, fess up immediately.
- If the person/people don’t call me out on my BS, fess up no more than 24 hours later.
- Try to keep a poker face while lying, but sideways smirks are allowed.
- If I lie in one of my classrooms, inform them that something I told them today was a lie. The first person to figure it out by the next day will get a prize (prizes will be a simple high-five)
- Never knowingly lie about subject content in the classroom…that would be just wrong.